Saturday, July 31, 2021

A Thought Experiment

 


A simulated conversation with the CDC:

ME: CDC, should I get a jab if I already had Covid?
CDC: “Yes, you should be jabbed regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”
ME: Oh, so we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. So, how long does jab-induced immunity last?
CDC: “There is still a lot we’re learning about jabs and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those jabbed.”
ME: Okay, but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the jab was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long jab immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the jab immunity better than my natural immunity?
CDC: …..............

ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades? The New York Times just reported a study showing this.
CDC: Yes. 
ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than jab immunity?
CDC: Possibly.
ME: Okay. If I get the jab, does that mean I won’t get sick? In the UK, the NHS is reporting that they are entering a seasonal spike and that half of their infections and hospital admissions are jabbed people. Isreal is reporting the same results. Is this happening in the U.S.?

CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports but aren’t out there looking for them.

ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been jabbed? You only track the un-jabbed Covid cases?
CDC: That’s right.
ME: Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the jab, how is it helping me?
CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chances? According to your data, I have a 99.7% chance of surviving a Covid infection.
CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”
ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?
CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.
ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the jab, is there any reason I should get it?
CDC: Yes, for the collective.

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting jabbed?
CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.
ME: Can a jabbed person spread the virus to someone else?
CDC: Yes.
ME: So if I get jabbed, I could still spread the virus to someone else?
CDC: Yes.

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the jab?
CDC: Never mind that. Also, if you stay un-jabbed, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the jab's protection, putting all jabbed people at risk.
ME: So the jab stops the virus from mutating?

CDC: No.
ME: So it can still mutate with the jab?
CDC: Yes.
ME: This seems confusing. If the jab doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting jabbed help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the jab?
CDC:...................

CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are un=jabbed, you pose a threat to jabbed people.
ME: But what KIND of threat??
CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.
ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the jab doesn’t stop people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying jabbed people can still easily die from Covid, even after they got the jab, because they caught from an un-jabbed person! Which is it??

CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.
ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get jabbed, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long jab immunity lasts….
…And I should get the jab to keep a jabbed person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the jab, I can still give it to a jabbed person anyways. And, the other jabbed person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

……......................
ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?

Bonus question for the Internet...

I have found more than a dozen of controlled, randomized, peer reviewed studies from all over the world showing that masks do not have any impact on controlling the spread of viruses including Covid. I have been searching relentlessly for a controlled, randomized, peer reviewed study that does show masks stop or slow the spread of viruses/Covid. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could send me a link to such a study.










No comments:

Post a Comment